Refund Policy
ICCRC and MARA AgentsRefund Policy
ISO 9001:2015
: +917207601601    :


Australia Parent Visa

  • Home -
  • Parent Visa

Parent Visa allows the children who are Australian citizens or permanent residents to sponsor their parents for Australia Permanent Residency.

  1. It must be sponsored by a child who is an Australian citizen or a permanent resident. The sponsor must legally be an Australian resident at least for 2 years.
  2. The applicant must pass the "Balance of Family Test" which includes the no. of children who are legally the Australian permanent resident and must be:
    • Greater than or equal to the total no. of children resident overseas; or
    • Greater than the greatest number of children who are in any single overseas country.
  3. It requires the assurance of support in all the cases.

The Contributory Parent Visa Categories requires a high application fee payment to cover all medical expenses.

Below are the types of Contributory Parent Visas:

  1. Contributory Parent Permanent Visa: This is a permanent visa option with the cost of $40,000 /parent. It's processed within 18 months.
  2. Contributory Parent Temporary Visa: This is a temporary visa option valid for 2 years and is half the cost of Contributory Parent Permanent Visa. Applicants can apply for Permanent Contributory visa option within the valid period of 2 years. The cost of applying is approximately the same as the permanent option but is divided over 2 visa applications.

Generally, Parent Visa must be applied outside of Australia, but an aged parent visa is possible to apply from Australia. The applicant must be of age 65 or more.

If the application gets lodged in Australia, the applicants can remain in Australia on bridging visas while their parent visa applications are being processed.

Parent visas are permanent visas except the Contributory Parent Visa (Temporary).

Contact us or mail us at if you need any help or assistance with your parent visa application process.