Australia is a popular destination for skilled professionals seeking better career opportunities and a higher standard of living. The country’s points-based migration system is designed to attract highly skilled workers who can contribute to the Australian economy.
In this blog, we’ll take a closer look at Australia’s skilled migration program, and how it works for Indian nationals. Get in touch with Akkam Overseas for a secure Australia PR Visa.
What is Australia’s Skilled Migration Program?
The Skilled Migration Program is a points-based system that allows skilled workers from all over the world to migrate to Australia permanently. The program is designed to fill skill shortages in the Australian labor market and promote economic growth. The program consists of three main streams:
- Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189)
- Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190)
- Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491)
Each of these streams has its own set of eligibility criteria and requirements. However, all applicants are assessed based on a points-based system that takes into account their age, education, work experience, language proficiency, and other factors.
How Does the Points-Based System Work?
The points-based system is the cornerstone of Australia’s Skilled Migration Program. Applicants are awarded points based on various factors that determine their eligibility for a visa. These factors include:
- Age: Applicants between 25 and 32 years of age are eligible for maximum points (30). Points decrease gradually for applicants who are older or younger.
- Education: Applicants with Ph.D are eligible for maximum points (20). Points decrease for lower levels of education.
- Work Experience: Applicants with at least 8 years of relevant work experience are eligible for maximum points (15). Points decrease for fewer years of experience.
- Language proficiency: Applicants who can demonstrate Superior in the English language are eligible for maximum points (20). Points decrease for lower levels of proficiency.
- Other factors: Applicants may also receive additional points for factors such as regional study, partner skills, and sponsorship.
The minimum score required to be eligible for a visa is currently 65. However, this may vary based on the demand for specific occupations and the number of available places in the program.
How Does the Program Benefit Indian Nationals?
We are one of the largest source countries of skilled migrants to Australia. Indian nationals who meet the eligibility criteria can apply for a skilled visa under any of the three streams of the program. The program offers several benefits for Indian nationals, including:
- Access to a growing job market: Australia’s economy is growing rapidly, and there is a high demand for skilled workers in several industries. Indian nationals with skills in demand can expect to find good job opportunities in Australia.
- Permanent residency: The skilled visa program offers a pathway to permanent residency in Australia. This means that Indian nationals can settle in Australia permanently, and enjoy the benefits of living in a developed country.
- Quality of life: Australia offers a high standard of living, with good healthcare, education, and public infrastructure. Indian nationals who migrate to Australia can expect to enjoy a better quality of life for themselves and their families.
Australia’s Skilled Migration Program offers Indian nationals a pathway to a better future. The points-based system is designed to attract highly skilled workers who can contribute to the Australian economy. Indian nationals who meet the eligibility criteria can apply for a skilled visa with Akkam Overseas and enjoy the benefits of living and working in Australia.